Enrol by28th Feb 2020
Start date14th Mar 2020
Created In Experience Design
Created in Experience Design is our industry-led course in UX/UI and systemic design – 9 months and part time, it’s built to help you land your dream career in the creative industry.
Whether your background is in UX/UI, systemic design or visuals, our course will give you the mindset, skillset and portfolio to accelerate your career in this emerging field.
We’ve collaborated with industry leaders who are pioneering in the field of experience design and pushing the boundaries of what it means to experience a brand, product or service. You’ll get the opportunity to craft powerful and unique experiences for customers and users; going beyond UX to consider strategy, visuals, and emotions at every touchpoint.
You’ll work, support and collaborate with other career-hungry creatives in a range of creative disciplines – and will leave with everything you need to launch yourself as a business, whatever that looks like for you.
How you'll learn
People learn best by doing. That’s why Created courses are built around tasks and briefs. You’ll work on real industry projects, following the Created process until you’re presenting a final concept directly to clients.
People also learn best when they define their own schedule. We know how busy life can be, so our course blends in-person and online content to fit around you. You’ll work in groups and individually, in London and remotely.
You’ll always learn on your own terms, but you won’t have to go at it alone. Your experience is mapped out by industry to ensure you’re always growing in the areas employers highly prize.
What you'll learn
Industry look for fully rounded people when hiring new talent. They expect high levels of skill, but also a great sense of professionalism and a deep self-awareness. That’s why on Created In Experience Design you will:
- Level-up your practice, starting with our technical bootcamp to hone in on those important software skills. With that under your belt, we’ll introduce you to the various industry ways of working, from in-house through to freelance. At each stage, you’ll answer an industry brief, giving you the chance to finesse your creative process and produce 5 new pieces for your portfolio.
- Develop important self-knowledge so you can perform at your best. With the help of a professional coach you’ll gain insight into your motivations, strengths, values, habits and natural working style, so your creativity can flourish.
- Build the professional competencies you need to work collaboratively, communicate effectively across lots of platforms and show real understanding of methods the industry uses – all with the guidance of an industry mentor.
What you'll get
The course is goal-centric and packed with everything you need to accelerate your career:
- Real industry experience, collaborating with working professionals on industry-standard briefs. You’ll work on at least 5 during the 9 months to help you build a stellar portfolio.
- A growing network – you’ll work with a mix of creatives on the course as well as professionals already in industry.
- Professional Coaching: 4 1-to-1 sessions
- Mentoring: 6 1-to-1 sessions with a professional experience designer
- 9 month access to our bespoke online learning content, specifically produced for Created In Experience Design
We’ve got a plan to suit all needs. Pick the best way for you to invest in your career…
Pay in full, make a saving
Have a budget set aside? Want to make a saving where possible? This is your best bet.
£4,900, paid in full
A non-refundable £500 deposit is required up-front to secure your place.
Prefer to spread the costs? Check out our monthly plan if you need to stretch it.
£5,250, paid in monthly instalments
(£472 per month x 9 months)
A non-refundable £1000 deposit is required up-front to secure your place.
A student loan is available for eligible applicants through Lendwise.
Based on future earnings potential – Lendwise look at more than just your credit score, with the loan term length up to 10 years and representative APR of 9.11% (each interest rate is specific to an individual and your interest may differ).
Fixed interest rate offered and with no early repayment penalties incurred. No guarantor or co-signor required. Eligible for UK residents only.
For more info or to apply click here.
Know someone who’d be perfect for our courses? Refer a friend and if they enrol, that’s £100 in your pocket! There’s no limit to how many people you refer either, so spread the love.
9 months, part-time
7 Blocks, 3-7 weeks each
Remote-first and in-person
5 London-based events
5 new projects for your portfolio
4 1-to-1 sessions
6 1-to-1 sessions
UX tools such as Sketch, Fisio or Figma. Adobe CC: PS. AI. ID.
Developed with industry
We’ve partnered with the world’s biggest companies, studios and brands.
Not only will they be sharing know-how, they’ll be setting actual briefs to include in your portfolio, as well as giving feedback to help you go from 0 to 60.
Our Experience Design fundamentals cover the technical basics of experience design so that you can brush up on your skills, but we’re not launching from a standing start. To get the most out of this course, you will already need to have mastered the following basics:
One or more UX tool, such as:
- Experience of Google for work apps [level: basic]
It’s a bonus if you’ve also used:
- Adobe Creative Cloud [level: basic]
- Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Your mentors and coaches
You don’t get just get hired if you’re great at what you do. You also have to be great at how you do it. So, throughout the course, you’ll receive six 1-2-1 mentoring sessions with a professional Visual Designer and four 1-2-1 coaching sessions with a professional coach.
Created mentors are working creatives a few years ahead of you who’ve blazed the trail you’re just starting out on. They are there to guide you, doling out wisdom from their real-life experiences. Separate from mentors, coaches are trained experts in coaching for results. Our coaches are not here to tell you the answers, but to help you find them for yourself, support your creativity and enable you to thrive when things get tough.